Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Crisp lettuces like iceberg and romaine are a perfect match for this creamy dressing, and shaved red onion, grape tomatoes, and crumbled bacon make excellent garnishes after the greens have been tossed.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, from 1 lime
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado.
- In food processor, puree avocado, hot sauce, and lime juice until avocado is broken down, about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until dressing is completely smooth.
- Can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
- Toss about 2 tablespoons with 4 cups of salad greens to serve 2 people.
So very good. A nice change from the usual ranch dressing
Yum, Yum, Yum! It was easy and so delicious.
Wonderful!! Easy to do and I just love it. What great flavor. My new favorite!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.