Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe sourced from www.avocado.org.au. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds delicious.
- 1 avocado, large and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 250 g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, salt reduced
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Place avocado on a plate and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bring large pan of water to the boil and cook fettuccine according to directions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and stir-fry the onion for 1 minute over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue cooking, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and place a lid on the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce and pepper.
- Toss the freshly cooked fettuccine with the pesto sauce, mushrooms and the avocado slices.
- Serve immediately with basil and lemon wedges.
This is absolutely the best pasta recipe. It's very unique with the combination of the soy sauce & pesto with avocado & mushrooms. The flavours came out fabulous and we will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing.