Recipe by Bergy
Great served with chicken or seafood as a side dish.
Top Review by karen in tbay
Wonderful blend of flavors - just happened to have a mango and a couple of avocadoes in the fridge when I read this recipe. Served up in a tortilla bowl for impressive presentation. Served chilled and even better as leftovers. Will definitely do again.
- 1 slightly green mango, peeled,pitted and finely diced
- 1 large avocado, pitted,peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, seeded finely chopped (or leave seeds in for hotter flavor)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- denzil hot sauce (or Tabasco or Peri-Peri)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mango, avocado, onion, chili, lime juice, vinegar, oil& mint.
- Add salt& hot sauce to taste (do a bit at a time of the hot sauce).
- Cover and let stand, at room temperature, for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature (I like mine well chilled).