1/2 Photos of Avocado, Mango and Black Bean Quesadilla
I'm always looking for new vegetarian dinners. This is a pretty simple recipe, but the key is to get the avocado and mango at just the right ripeness...Years ago I used to eat at a restaurant that had a killer black bean quesadilla that they served on a blue corn tortilla. I've looked everywhere for blue tortillas for this recipe because I think it would really make the ingredients stand out, but for now it works pretty well with a regular flour tortilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, lightly coated in oil.
- 2Dice mango and avocado- they should be small pieces, but still large enough that they keep their shape when mixed. Add a splash of lemon juice to the avocado to keep it from turning brown.
- 3Gently mix avocado, mango, black beans and seasonings in a small bowl.
- 4Put one tortilla on hot skillet or griddle and cover with the grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- 5Once cheese is melted, add the filling mixture and top with the second tortilla.
- 6Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook just long enough to lightly brown the second tortilla.
- 7If I'm eating this as a meal, I cut into four pieces. If I'm sharing as a side dish or appetizer, I cut into six pieces. I usually serve with a simple, fresh salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado, Mango and Black Bean Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1295.6
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 2273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.6 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 40.4 g