Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
TOH; goes well with Tex-Mex menu.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine oranges, onions, pecans, and pepper; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, place the greens in a salad bowl; top with orange mixture and avocado slices.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss and serve.
Wonderful recipe! I had a beautiful ripe avocado and not much time to spend on a salad. This was perfect. I substituted red onion for the green to add a little color and also tossed in a few dried cranberries and a little feta. Great! Thanks so much.
Of all the recipes I've tried here, this is one of my favorites. I didn't have any green onions, so I minced a shallot and it worked quite well. It's only been two days since I made this salad, but DH has already asked me to make it again this week. Thanks for this fantastic recipe!!
What a great combination of flavors! I made this for 2 and DH and I loved it. Thank you for a great recipe!