Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just watch your guests faces when you serve them an avocado for dessert. You can double, triple the recipe. They can remain in your freezer for up to a month. Easy fun dessert.
- 1 avocado, just the right ripeness
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- Cut the avocado in half, long ways.
- Scoop out the pulp, remove pit and mash the pulp.
- Combine the sugar, lemon/lime juice with the avocado mashed pulp and refill the shells.
- Wrap each half tightly with plastic wrap (so no air is in there).
- Freeze immediately.
- To serve as a dessert, defrost just enough so you can put a spoon into the filling, flute the edges with whipped cream and sprinkle with finely chopped nuts (pistachio are my favorite).
This was lots of fun serving and watching dad's face very closely! He had a spoon and asked, "what have you made. What is this thing"?LOL. I told him it was a low cal ice-cream, Bergy's special, and he had a big smile on his face and said, "Its Good"! But, you gotto admit that you gotto have a taste for avocados to have this ice-cream, or, you'll not have ice cream again. Kiddin:) It's good, but very very different from usual creamy dreamy ice creams.
Quite good. Even my 9 month old liked it.