Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This took me less then 5 minutes to throw together but it took an hour to chill. To put it on turkey sandwiches was given by TexasHurricane in her review. I think I found this on an Avocado web site.
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup canned chick-peas or 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Ritz crackers or toasted pita chips or turkey, sandwiches
- Place all ingredients except crackers in blender or food processor container; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top each cracker with a generous tablespoonful of avocado mixture or let the guest's do it for themselves.
- Serve at once.
Very good @ first try with hummus and a new food processor. Shared it with friends and they loved it too. Suggestion to pass on - whenever you make any type of hummus, layer plastic wrap directly on top of hummus not just the bowl to keep it from changing colors especially avocado because even with lemon juice it will become dark and not as appetizing.
Absolutely scrumptious! I put this on Asiago bread with pepper jack cheese and turkey and I used Dijon mustard. My husband does not like sandwiches and he loved these, he requested them for his lunches. I will be using this recipe again - frequently!
I found this on another website and I've been making it for a little while now and I love it! Its good with crackers, but its great as a spread on turkey sandwiches. I highly recommend trying it!