Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These won't last long!
- vegetable oil (enough to have a 3-inch depth in pot)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chipotle or ancho works great)
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili seasoning mix (many recipes on food.com)
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Carefully slice each one into 6-8 wedges and remove skin.
- Combine flour, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in second bowl.
- Dredge avocados in flour, dip into egg mix to coat.
- Coat each wedge in panko.
- Once oil has reached 350 degrees, fry breaded slices for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove avocados from oil using a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve with Aioli.
- To Make The Aioli: Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and chili seasoning in a bowl or in the blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop.