Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh and flavourful, this meal was inspired by the flavours we encountered on our honeymoon in Belize. Simply roll up some veggies in a chicken breast and bake. I also found it a tasty way to get some veggies into dinner.
- 500 g chicken, brest
- 1⁄2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro
- lime zest
- 1 cup rice
- 1 small plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 dried chili
- 1 lime, juice of
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the rice in cool water, drain and add all ingredients.
- Cover and set the rice to a high temperature until boiling then reduce to low heat until cooked, about 18 minutes.
- Chicken breasts should be sliced so that each piece is wide and thin. I buy the chicken cut this way at the grocery store.
- Divide the veggies evenly for each peice of meat and place horizontaly.
- Wash the chicken and then season each peice with about 1/8 a tsp of taco seasoning.
- Lay chicken flat and cover with cilanto leaves from 1 or more sprig.
- Divide the veggies evenly for each peice of meat and place horizontaly onto the chicken.
- Sprinkle on some cheese and roll up the chicken, pin with a toothpick. Place chicken rolls into a bread tin and top with any remaining cheese.
- Pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with some lime zest and any remaining cilantro.