Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh and flavourful, this meal was inspired by the flavours we encountered on our honeymoon in Belize. Simply roll up some veggies in a chicken breast and bake. I also found it a tasty way to get some veggies into dinner.
- 500 g chicken, brest
- 1⁄2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro
- lime zest
- 1 cup rice
- 1 small plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 dried chili
- 1 lime, juice of
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the rice in cool water, drain and add all ingredients.
- Cover and set the rice to a high temperature until boiling then reduce to low heat until cooked, about 18 minutes.
- Chicken breasts should be sliced so that each piece is wide and thin. I buy the chicken cut this way at the grocery store.
- Divide the veggies evenly for each peice of meat and place horizontaly.
- Wash the chicken and then season each peice with about 1/8 a tsp of taco seasoning.
- Lay chicken flat and cover with cilanto leaves from 1 or more sprig.
- Divide the veggies evenly for each peice of meat and place horizontaly onto the chicken.
- Sprinkle on some cheese and roll up the chicken, pin with a toothpick. Place chicken rolls into a bread tin and top with any remaining cheese.
- Pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with some lime zest and any remaining cilantro.