Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love avocados and I was experimenting one day and came up with this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon green chili pepper, diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 4 -6 teaspoons butter, melted
- lettuce (optional)
- onion (optional)
- Take the avocado and slice in half, remove the pit and peel each half.
- Sprinkle fresh lemon juice over each half of avocados. Slice one half of avocado and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, take other half of the avocado and mash with a fork.
- Add chili peppers, egg, onions, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add ground beef to the mixture and combine well.
- Shape into 4 beef patties.
- Chill in ref. for 10 minutes.
- Heat a outdoor grill on medium heat or a skillet.
- Grill or pan fry hamburger patties until no longer pink inside. (10-15 minutes per side ).
- Add monterey jack cheese and let melt.
- Butter each hamburger bun and toast on the top shelf of a grill or in the oven on broil.
- Mayonnaise each hamburger bun and top with hamburger, tomato, slice of avocado, onion (opt) and lettuce (opt).
- Serve with french fries , or potato chips or one of your favorite snacks.
5/15/08 I can't wait to make this tomorrow for my BBQ tomorrow. This looks sensational./ 6/10/08 Marsha, I forgot to tell you that these came out sensational. I love avocado and your extra advice was used- thank you!!!!!!
I could have also written a review based on just how good this burger looks in the picture but chose to make it first. My MIL and I give it 5 stars and my husband 4 because it was messy. These burgers not only look outstanding but have great flavor and I plan to make them again. The only thing I did different was use pepper jack instead of monterey as I forgot to add it to my list. I like that extra spice though so will use pepperjack again. Thanks for a great recipe!
This message is for the chef Marsha D. I just came upon this burger and haven't made it as of yet however..... it appears you not only are the "Recipe Wizard" but also the "Photographer." Very nicely done !!! My question/comment is that bun on the Avacado Beef Burger...that is not just a "hamburger bun with sesame seeds." First... I see no seeds, and second it looks like some pretty special bread. I would love to authenticate your recipe to the letter so if you could please inform me as to where to locate that exact bun, Chef I will move you to the top of my Christmas Card List this Holiday Season. I too live in the N.W. and they (buns) are probably available here in Portland. Thank you. firstname.lastname@example.org