We love avocados and I was experimenting one day and came up with this recipe.
Make and share this Avocado Beef Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon green chili pepper, diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 4 -6 teaspoons butter, melted
- lettuce (optional)
- onion (optional)
- Take the avocado and slice in half, remove the pit and peel each half.
- Sprinkle fresh lemon juice over each half of avocados. Slice one half of avocado and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, take other half of the avocado and mash with a fork.
- Add chili peppers, egg, onions, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add ground beef to the mixture and combine well.
- Shape into 4 beef patties.
- Chill in ref. for 10 minutes.
- Heat a outdoor grill on medium heat or a skillet.
- Grill or pan fry hamburger patties until no longer pink inside. (10-15 minutes per side ).
- Add monterey jack cheese and let melt.
- Butter each hamburger bun and toast on the top shelf of a grill or in the oven on broil.
- Mayonnaise each hamburger bun and top with hamburger, tomato, slice of avocado, onion (opt) and lettuce (opt).
- Serve with french fries , or potato chips or one of your favorite snacks.