Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a fresh summer salad. You can add some chicken, or fish to make it a whole meal.
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 6 limes, wedges
- In a large bowl combine rice, tomato, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, jalapenos, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss avocado with lime juice; stir into rice mixture.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 8 hours.
- Spoon mixture on top of shredded romaine lettuce.
- Serve with lime wedges.
I make this salad a lot, with a few changes that I think make it even better. I add a lot more cilantro, tomatoes, & 2-3 avocados. I also add a can of black beans and sometimes chopped cucumber. Really delicious!
This is quite good, light and refreshing. I ate it as a whole meal. Made it with brown rice and all I would do differently otherwise is add extra pepper.