Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just a simple delicious meal, ideal for a fast evening meal.
- 300 g penne pasta
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 400 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 50 g Baby Spinach
- 2 cups rocket
- 1⁄2 cup mixed fresh herbs, e.g. basil, parsley dill
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- Cook pasta according to the packet.
- Toss together the avocado, tomato, cheese, nuts, spinach, rocket, herbs and pasta.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon zest and juice and the capers and drizzle over the salad.
I didn't have the correct greens (used a bag of mixed Italian greens) and used fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried. But I liked this very much and will try again with the right stuff!
This is one of the best things I have made in a long time. I make new recipes all the time, but it's been a long time since I've made anything that tasted this good.
wow! every time i make this, people go wild. it is absolutely wonderful the next day as well. so thank you so much, pink cherry blossom, for a new recipe for my repertoire.