Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A hearty pancake with a chewy texture.
Make and share this Autumn Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled,cored,and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Add the oatmeal to a small bowl; pour boiling water over the oatmeal and let set for 5 minutes; do not drain.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- Add in the oatmeal, egg, milk, apple, nuts, and melted butter; stir to mix.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface; flip the pancake and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.