A hearty pancake with a chewy texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled,cored,and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Add the oatmeal to a small bowl; pour boiling water over the oatmeal and let set for 5 minutes; do not drain.
- 2In a big mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- 3Add in the oatmeal, egg, milk, apple, nuts, and melted butter; stir to mix.
- 4Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- 6Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- 7Cook about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface; flip the pancake and cook until golden on the other side.
- 8Serve with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.2
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 91.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g