Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, cold
- Apple Mixture: 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & sliced 2 tablespoons sugar 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 teaspoons lemon juice Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- For the topping: Mix together the flour, oats, sugar and spices in a large bowl.
- Using the large holes of a grater, grate the butter into the bowl.
- Blend until the mixture just begins to come together, being careful not to over mix.
- Toss the apples in a large bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Spoon into the baking pan and sprinkle the topping mixture over the fruit. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is browned and crisp.
- Serve warm with a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream.
this was far too sweet and needed more apples, less sugar
Something about this recipe just doesn't seem right. There is way too much topping, especially for that size baking pan. It is too sweet. I wish I had read the reviews first. I probably would have picked a different recipe.
If you like your crisp nice and sweet keep it like it is. If you like it less sweet cut back on the sugar in the Topping. Served up with Vanilla ice cream or Cool Whip, it can't be beat!