Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is a healthy vegetarian option
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons morrocan dry rub seasonings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon natural sea salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package whole wheat penne
- 1⁄4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce fresh parmesan cheese
- heat oil and add mushrooms and onions cook three minutes.
- meanwhile combine pumpkin, broth, wine and water and whisk until well combined.
- add garlic, spice and salt to onion mixture cook ten seconds and then add pumpkin bring to a simmer and stir in pasta cook 11 minutes.
- corsely chop pistachios.
- turn off heat and stir in cream
- grate cheese over pasta and add pistachios.