Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This quick and easy dish is a meal in itself. I serve this quite often during the fall and winter months.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cranberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half and discard seeds; set squash aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain.
- Add egg, rice, apple, cranberries, celery, salt, parsley, allspice and cardamom.
- Spoon into squash halves; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2" baking dish. Fill dish with hot water to a depth of 1/2 inches
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the squash is tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.