Autumn Baked Acorn Squash
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey (I use raw)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced (I used granny smith)
- 1 sweet apple, thinly sliced (I used cortland)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half from top to bottom and scoop out seeds.
- Slice a thin strip off the bottom of the halves so that the squash does not rock when placed in a baking dish.
- Place the slices form both apples in the cavity of the squash.
- Drizzle honey over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the apples, make sure to get the edges of the squash too.
- Top apple slices with the cranberries and chopped pecans. Dot with butter.
- Place in oven and bake 1-1/2 hours or until squash is fork tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Beautiful presentation and great autumn flavors. I used a rather small acorn squash and only 1/2 of a medium size cubed apple. The honey, cinnamon and brown sugar were drizzled and sprinkled as per our taste. After about an hour baking the squash was beautifully golden and the nuts were beginning to get a little brown; however, the squash was still firm. I covered the dish with foil for the last half hour and the squash was delicious served with leftover pork roast and Recipe #443668. Made for Aussie Swap.