Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Living in South Florida, thought I would make my own cuban sandwiches at home. So easy to make and so delicious! Just a few ingredients and a grill and you will also be enjoying these grilled sandwiches as cooked in many famous restaurants here in Miami!
- 6 cuban rolls
- 1 lb sliced ham
- 1 lb sliced roasted pork
- 1 lb sliced turkey breast
- 1⁄2 lb sliced swiss cheese
- pickle, slices
- butter or margarine
- Heat up Panini Grill.
- Slice each cuban roll in half and spread a thin layer of butter on outside bottom and top of each sandwich.
- Separate the meats and cheeses into 6 portions. Layer bottom half with Ham, Roast Pork, Turkey Breast, and Swiss Cheese.
- Top with sliced pickles.
- Spread mustard on inside top of cuban roll.
- Press down sandwich.
- Place on heated grill and smoosh down so sandwich remains even.
- Cook until flattened and golden brown.
- Makes 6 Cuban Sandwiches.
I haven't had a cuban sandwich before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I made these at my in-laws house and everyone loved them. I couldn't find cuban rolls so I had to use kaiser rolls. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. These make a very hearty, delicious sandwich. Served them with Easy Chili (Crockpot). Made for Spring 2012 PAC.
These tasted just like the sandwiches we had in Key West on our honeymoon. This was an easy and quick recipe to make. We will be making this again. Made for Spring PAC 2008.