Recipe by What's Cooking from Florida
Living in South Florida, thought I would make my own cuban sandwiches at home. So easy to make and so delicious! Just a few ingredients and a grill and you will also be enjoying these grilled sandwiches as cooked in many famous restaurants here in Miami!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I haven't had a cuban sandwich before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I made these at my in-laws house and everyone loved them. I couldn't find cuban rolls so I had to use kaiser rolls. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. These make a very hearty, delicious sandwich. Served them with Recipe #464926. Made for Spring 2012 PAC.
- 6 cuban rolls
- 1 lb sliced ham
- 1 lb sliced roasted pork
- 1 lb sliced turkey breast
- 1⁄2 lb sliced swiss cheese
- pickle, slices
- butter or margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up Panini Grill.
- Slice each cuban roll in half and spread a thin layer of butter on outside bottom and top of each sandwich.
- Separate the meats and cheeses into 6 portions. Layer bottom half with Ham, Roast Pork, Turkey Breast, and Swiss Cheese.
- Top with sliced pickles.
- Spread mustard on inside top of cuban roll.
- Press down sandwich.
- Place on heated grill and smoosh down so sandwich remains even.
- Cook until flattened and golden brown.
- Makes 6 Cuban Sandwiches.