Champorado (Chocolate Rice Pudding) is one of the most common Filipino breakfasts/snacks in the Philippines. The ingredients are common in almost all Filipino households. This is usually eaten with warm "pandesal" (small, plain, but yummy bun that's also a staple in Filipino households). You can find sticky rice in most Asian stores. Very easy to do and very yummy--authentic Filipino taste! **Add more or less sugar or cocoa depending on your taste!**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together (except milk) in a large pan. Cover.
- 2Put on high heat until boiling for 3 minutes. Mix.
- 3Put on low heat for 30-40 minutes (still covered). Mix often to prevent sticking. Add more water of you want it more thin.
- 4Serve hot with a swirl (or a cup!) of evaporated milk on top! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Filipino Champorado
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g