Recipe by justcallmetoni
I found this one while wandering the website of the Australian Vegetarian Society's website. It really reflects how modern Aussie cuisine has been influenced by other regions of the globe. Plan to try this soon but posting it untried for the Zaar World Tour. As presented it uses the original ingredients with my interpretation of how to prepare the dish. Cooking time is estimated.
Top Review by cylee
O-M-G-!-!-!!!!! This is FABULOUS!!! I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Love all of the ingredients, but potatoes and olives?? I believe I ate the entire bowl....!!!! I did add a squeeze of lemon to the potatoes (no need here to deglaze, did for some added flavour). This has instantly become one of my fave recipes on zaar!!! Thanks SO much for posting, toni!!!!
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add oil and potatoes. Cook until the pototoes are almost done - not quite fork tender. Actual cooking time will depend on the size of your cubes.
- Add the onions, garlic and cumin and continue cooking until potatoes are fully cooked and the onions are soft with a bit of color.
- Add olives and continue cooking until they are warm. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can serve this as a side dish or as a vegetarian/vegan entree.