Recipe by commercesd
This is an old favorite that my aunt would make for get togethers. It can be adapted to add any vegetables you like. My sister Anne has added some extras that make it even more delectable.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 lb small shell pasta, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup peppercorn salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 -2 egg, hard boiled and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells al dente. Rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients except hard boiled eggs and paprika. May also use mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip and add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of sweetner to taste.
- Adjust seasonings and add salt and pepper as desired. Add more salad dressing if necessary.
- Top with hard boiled egg slices and sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill well before serving, preferably several hours to a day ahead.
- May garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley.
- Serve with hot, crusty bread.