Recipe by lauralie41
My aunt was a typical little polish lady that fed everyone! I remember her serving this with mashed potatoes and warm rye bakery bread. It was a good time with the whole family at the table eating great food.
Top Review by Stacky5
This is a wonderful recipe! It was very easy to assemble and tasted so good I couldn't stop eating it! I cooked them in the crockpot exactly as written for 4 hours on high and served them with parsley mashed potatoes and it was such a filling meal! (I did add some shredded mozeralla cheese on top.) I just loved the flavor of the sauce! My kids don't like green peppers, so the extra meatballs that this recipe made was perfect for them (served with the potatoes and sauce). I got a thumbs up from all of them! This recipe reminds me exactly of what my Mom used to make when I was little, and I had forgotten all about it until now...This one is a definite keeper in my house! Thank you, Lauralie41!!! :)
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 large green peppers
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 46 ounces v 8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground chuck in large mixing bowl. Add next 8 ingredients. With clean, damp hands mix meat mixture together until well combined.
- Rinse green peppers and slice top offs. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Make meatballs with approximately 2 tablespoons of ground chuck mixture and place in half sections of green peppers.
- In large Dutch Oven, place meat stuffed pepper halves in bottom of pan. With remaining meat make more meatballs and arrange on top of peppers.
- Pour V-8 juice over all the meatballs. Add tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. With spoon spread tomato paste over top. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, onion and garlic flakes.
- Cook on medium low heat for approximately one hour or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.