Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from the Pioneer Woman on the foodnetwork. It's her Aunts recipe for salad dressing. She says Aunt Trish always used salad oil but you can use canola oil. And you can also use the Parmesan cheese that comes in a can if you wish.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil or 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and left whole
- Place all the ingredients in a jar with lid. Shake it up and then refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
- Good on salad greens and pasta salads.
I made this as written only cutting in half (which still made enough for the two of us and another meal). DH and I loved the flavors of the lemon and parmesan. Served this wit Lemon Garlic Chicken With Coriander#436199 and rice pilaf...wonderful meal. Thank you for posting. Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #84 -- January 2014.
This is delicious dressing. I was used to sprinkle aragula salad with thin slices of parmesan cheese, but I never tried it directly in the sauce. Fantastic idea, very usuful and delicious!<br/>Thanks a lot for posting this recipe
Absolutely delicious -- so fresh tasting! This may just become my favorite dressing for our dinner salads. The only change I made was to reduce the amount of oil. So easy to make and so much healthier than store-bought dressings. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.