Recipe by I_Cook_For_Firemen
A family favorite for years and years: it's just not Christmas/New Years/Easter without Aunt Sue's cheese ball. She borrowed the recipe from a co-worker at the telephone company YEARS ago and has adopted it as her own. Easy. Quick. DELISH. If you want a fancier version, use cream cheese, worchester, accent, green onions....but substitute proscuito for the beef and add chopped roasted red peppers and minced black olives.
Top Review by flower7
Delicious! I left out the Accent seasoning. I think the pkg size for the beef is a mistake as the Buddig beef comes in a 2 oz not 12 oz pkg (and 2 oz was plenty!) I used pecan chips instead of walnuts and low-fat cheese. I also refrigerated the cheese ball overnight before rolling in the nuts which made it less messy of a process. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 6 green onions
- 1 (12 ounce) package Buddig beef (for fancy appetiser use prosciutto and follow instructions in the notes)
- 3 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 12 ounces Ritz crackers
- Leave cream cheese out of fridge to soften about 20 minutes.
- Finely chop green onions and Buddig Beef.
- Mix onions, beef, Worchester, and softened cream cheese thouroughly.
- Form into ball.
- Roll ball in walnuts.
- Serve with Ritz Crackers.