Prep 12 hrs
Cook 10 mins
My aunt gave this recipe to my mother years ago. I always look forward to it at holiday time.
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) bag peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained &,chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain mushrooms, reserve liquid.
- Cook peas in amount of mushroom liquid called for on pea package.
- Cook onions& celery in butter until soft.
- Add pimentos& mushrooms, heat thoroughly.
- Add peas, salt& pepper.
- Refrigerate until next day.
- Heat to serve.
This was an excellent side dish. I was really quite an elegant looking dish, despite the ease of preparation and the simplicity of the ingredients. This went over very well as part of our Christmas meal. It was very attractive and tasted great. Thanks!
You know, the simple dishes are probably the most flavorable. I loved this recipe because the flavors all worked together, and....it was a beautiful dish. I really liked the simplicity of the peas and pimentos and onions. Next time I make this, I will experiment (sorry Aunt Marie) with maybe, red onion, but you know....it is terrific just like it is!!
This is a great recipe! I will be keeping this one. I am always looking for new side dishes. This is definitely a keeper!! Thanks Mysterygirl ; )