Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I simply don't have enough words to say how delicious this soup is.
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons oleo
- 3⁄4 cup celery, cut fine
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 cups water
- 6 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Saute till tender onion in oleo.
- Add next 5 ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, cook a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook until broccoli is done and cheese is melted.
- Good to freeze.
This simply didn't work for me. I was craving broccoli cheese soup but this is more like broccoli and cheese. There is too much liquid and the noodles don't add anything. Lacks depth of flavor.