Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Aunt June departed this earth recently and will be sorely missed. She was well known for her hospitality and had a way of making everyone feel welcome. Everyone loved her macaroni salad. It never lasted long at reunions and holidays. I usually make this without measuring so I hope I got the amounts right. Any ingredient can be adjusted to your taste. June used half the jar of pimientos and 6 eggs. I like a whole jar of pimento and a dozen eggs. The flavors are even better the next day. Preparation time includes cooking time.
- 1 lb salad macaroni, cooked and rinsed
- 6 -12 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 dill pickles, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 4 ounces pimiento, sliced
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion salt, to taste
- Mix everything together ending with the eggs (If you want to keep them intact.)
- Adjusting seasonings according to taste.
- Refrigerate before serving.