Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
This is a great potato salad that my Aunt makes--my favorite non-garlic, non-blue cheese salad! Recipe time counts standing time.
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch celery seed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- salt, to taste
- Peel and cook the potatoes to medium soft and then drain, slice, and cool.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together, then mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Fold the dressing into the potatoes and let the salad stand at least 3 hours, or overnight.
This is really a great potato salad! I didn't add sugar and decreased the amount of vinegar just a bit. Also used a mixture of half light and half regular mayo. The mustard adds a bit of a kick, but that's good.