Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are lots of raisin pie recipes out there, but none exactly like this one, so I'd thought I'd post it for posterity :) My DH's grandmother says it reminds her of the mincemeat pies her grandmother used to make. I just love this recipe because I almost always have everything on hand!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oleo or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Set raisins aside in a small bowls with the vinegar to soak. This plumps them up. Rinse them off thoroughly before you add them to the mix!
- Cream together sugar and oleo or butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into unbaked 9" pie shell.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 350°F.