Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my grandmother's sister who used to bring it to every family gathering. The kids would line up to get at it before it was all gone. I knew that if I didn't post it, I would lose it, AGAIN. It is super easy, quick and very good. ENJOY!
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix all ingredients,except Cool Whip in order in a large bowl.
- After all ingredients are well blended, fold in the Cool Whip.
- Chill for one hour before serving.
I made this salad for my family today, and they *loved* it! :) Creamy, flavorful, and beautiful, too! Yum!! :) I served this in a pretty cut glass bowl with a dollop of Cool Whip on top topped with a maraschino cherry...this would be very festive for any holiday. :) The salad is incredibly fast and easy to make but tastes like a holiday-special occasion salad. :)
WOW!!This is RICH,light,and creamy ! Very good ! In my family we would consider this a dessert.I added the coconut but,next time I make this(Thanksgiving),I will leave it out. I just didn't care for the texture. Great recipe !!!