Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
I had surgery some years back and my sister in law made this and I have to say It's been a hit in our house ever since. I like that you make it up the night before and I usually add a little more of the celery seed.. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.. :)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (I add a pinch more of the celery seed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- I put 20 minutes preparation if you use cooked chicken but if I cook the chicken breasts myself it takes 30 to cook them and then 10 to mix.
- Mix all together in a bowl and put in a 9x13 pan, refrigerate overnight and the next day uncover and bake at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes, stir and bake a few minutes more.
- Hope you enjoy it as much as our family and friends do.
LOVED that you can make this the night before! Very easy and super creamy too. Our family of five loved it and asked that it be made again! I wouldn't change a thing except make ALL my meals this easy:)
Very good basic recipe. A meal kids like. I was in a rush so I just mixed the sauce and cooked macaroni together - no time for sitting overnight and then baking. I admit I also omitted the celery seed.
We enjoyed this. I did add mixed veggies. It made alot and was good the 1st night. The left overs were good for lunch. Served with a salad and rolls. Will make again mabe with more zip and down size it. I was very good and super easy. Is a great dish to pass. The possibilities are endless, we just think it needed more spice for us. Wouldn't change a thing to bring to a pot luck. Jules211