Recipe by Crabzilla
My Aunt Helen used to make this to accompany her Sunday Rib Roasts or a thick and juicy London Broil. Aunt Helen passed away twenty years ago but her Rice Pilaf recipe remains a favorite of ours. It's very simple to prepare, no frills, but very tasty.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup birds nest angel hair pasta (broken up into pieces)
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice (NOT INSTANT)
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over moderate heat.
- Add birds nest angel hair pasta and stir constantly until nicely browned.
- Be careful, as the pasta can burn VERY quickly.
- Add rice to the pot and blend with pasta.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, and garlic powder.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- When cooked, stir and let set for about 5-10 minutes.