Recipe by ICookUCookWeCook
My Aunt Dot's Cornbread Dressing recipe is one of the best I have ever had. Last year at Thanksgiving, my family raved over this recipe and said make it just like this for Christmas! To save time, I assemble this the day before. Just remember, to cover well and take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking.
- 4 -6 boneless chicken thighs
- 4 cups cornbread
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth
- 3 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups celery
- 1 cup onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken thighs until tender and shred into pieces when cool enough to handle.
- Melt butter and saute chopped onions and chopped celery until softened. Crumble corn bread (sometimes I use cornbread muffins from the bakery section of my local supermarket) and seasoned bread crumbs.
- Add the onions, celery, milk, soup, salt, pepper, and seasonings.
- Add chicken and chicken broth one cup at a time or until mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Beat eggs slightly and add to mixture.
- I usually do a taste test at this point and add more seasonings if needed. Bake in a large greased pan at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.