Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This came from a cookbook that was done years and years ago from the Andy Griffith Show. Aunt Bee is Andy's Aunt Bee. It's a great tasting soup.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lb lentils
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 cups water
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes
- In a large stock pot, combine all of the ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
We really enjoyed this tasty, hearty soup. It was easy to make and the short cooking time made it a perfect lunch dish. The lentils were very good with the sausage and vegetable. I made this soup exactly as directed. Thanks for sharing this wonderful soup. Now I have another great soup to go on my fall and winter soup list.
Simple, basic ingredients that made a delicious and satisfying soup. Perfect cold rainy night meal.
I made this vegatarian style, it was delicious. A keeper.