Recipe by Ilse Weitz
This is a old family recipe, origan unknown. Our children ask us to make it every Christmas. Careful, it's mild taste hides a kick!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 (6 ounce) cans frozen orange juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade
- 1 pint white rum
- 1 pint vodka
- 8 ounces maraschino cherries
- 1 sliced orange
- 2 pints Orange sherbet
- 1 quart ginger ale
- 1 quart carbonated lemon-lime beverage (7-Up)
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need: 1 empty Cool Whip container.
- A day ahead, fill Cool Whip carton with water and freeze.
- Making the punch: Bring 1/2 cup sugar and one cup water to a boil. Stir.
- Pour into your Punch Bowl.
- Add frozen orange juice, lemonade, rum, vodka, cherries, sliced orange, ginger ale, and 7-Up in that order.
- Take your ice from the Cool Whip carton and add to punch bowl.
- Just before serving, spoon in (large spoonfuls) the orange sherbert.