Recipe for a fresh strawberry soup from restaurant Rosa Mexicano.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the hulls from the strawberries and wash. Cut into thin slices, place in a bowl and mix with 1/2 cup of the sugar. Stir occasionally. Puree strawberries in a blender and set aside.
- 2Stir the masa harina into the water to dissolve; strain though sieve. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the masa mixture, milk and canela stick.
- 3Cook over medium heat and stir continuously with a wooden spoon. When the atole thickens after approximately 3 to 4 minutes, reduce the heat to low and add 3/4 cup of the sugar and the puree of strawberries. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 4Add additional milk if necessary; the atole should have a slightly thick but pourable consistency.
- 5Strain into a serving bowl.
- 6To Serve: Pour into cups. Serve as a dessert soup garnished with powdered mint and half a strawberry fanned out.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Atole De Fresca (Strawberry Dessert Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: