Recipe by Gatorbek
Family Fave adapted from GH Best Recipes 1998. This is great with fish, the vinaigrette complements any mild white fish, too. Also a good, quick make-ahead dish for a dinner party, it will keep in the fridge for a couple hours. Also doubles or triples easily.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, juice of, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends of asparagus and place spears in a large skillet.
- Cover asparagus with water and add salt and 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer about 7 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Prepare vinaigrette:.
- Combine remaining lemon juice, capers, mustard, sugar, and pepper. (Capers may be chopped or left whole, it's up to you. I usually chop them up a little.).
- Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking rapidly, allowing vinaigrette to thicken slightly.
- Toss asparagus with vinaigrette and serve.
- May be refrigerated and served within a couple hours, or served warm immediately.