This recipe was taken from the Paris Collector's Edition of Gourmet, March 2001. I have not tried this yet, but thought I would share it here because it looks so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3-6 minutes.
- 2Transfer with tongs to a colander.
- 3While asparagus is cooking, bring a 3 quart saucepan one-third full of water to a boil.
- 4Whisk together yolks, water, and lemon juice in a small (1-quart) saucepan.
- 5Place saucepan in a larger pot of boiling water, and whisk egg yolks until they begin to thicken.
- 6Immediately remove yolks from heat and whisk in half of butter.
- 7Return saucepan to boiling water and whisk (the sauce will become creamy).
- 8Remove from heat and whisk in remaining butter.
- 9Return pan to boiling water, whisking until sauce is thickened slightly.
- 10Remove from heat and whisk 15 seconds more.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Serve sauce over asparagus.
- 13Cook's note: Yolks in this recipe may not be cooked fully.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Hollandaise
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.2
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.9 mg
- Sodium 39.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g