Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A different type of asparagus side dish.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed and ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer or 1⁄2 cup lager beer
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put asparagus to boiling, salted water (about 1-inch deep) and cook, covered, about 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine thyme, beer, mustard, honey, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt in a small saucepan; mix well. Heat over medium-high heat just until boiling. Remove sauce from heat. Pour sauce over hot, cooked asparagus.
This recipe is very tasty but just a little bit too sweet for our taste. So next time I'll use less honey. Love the taste with beer and dijon mustard. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game