- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed and ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer or 1⁄2 cup lager beer
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put asparagus to boiling, salted water (about 1-inch deep) and cook, covered, about 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine thyme, beer, mustard, honey, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt in a small saucepan; mix well. Heat over medium-high heat just until boiling. Remove sauce from heat. Pour sauce over hot, cooked asparagus.