1/1 Photo of Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
D. Todd Miller's Note:
This is a nice "date night" main course. The recipe is from a local newspaper, with some adjustments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter flavored crackers, crushed (I use Keebler Club crackers)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread with mustard and sprinkle with onion.
- 3Place asparagus spears down the center of the chicken. Fold chicken over and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- 4Place seam side down in an ungreased 8-in. square oven-safe dish. Pepper chicken to taste. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- 5Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Keep chicken warm.
- 6For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice, water, and salt.
- 7Cook sauce uncovered until mixture is thickened, stirring to prevent sticking and scorching.
- 8Remove toothpicks from chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with toasted almond slivers and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.4
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 302.5 mg
- Sodium 689.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.9 g