Recipe by Evie*
A fav soup
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
We had such a big dinner last night that I haven't really been hungry all day today, so have snacked a little here and there. Tonight I felt I needed a good meal, but wanted something light. DH raided the fridge early on and snitched a wedge of last night's left-over Great Round Reuben and didn't want anything else. I cut this recipe in half thinking it would be way too much for us. Boy, I wish I would have made the whole thing now. I had a bowl along with some of Inez's [recipe=31382]Poppy Seed Muffins[/recipe]. They were both delicious and went beautifully together! There is just enough soup left-over that I will be reheating it for a side dish for tomorrow's dinner. Thank you for sharing a really terrific and easy recipe Eve!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 6 cups low-fat milk
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- crouton (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap tough ends off asparagus and discard.
- Place cleaned asparagus in saucepan along with the milk.
- Crumble in the stock cubes and bring slowly to the boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until asparagus is just tender.
- Process in a food processor or blender until chunky.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add flour and cook until pale golden.
- Add soup and stir until it comes back to the boil.
- Serve garnished with the croutons.