This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light. They are yummy for breakfast or with a soup.
Make and share this Asparagus Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add the asparagus pieces, cover the pot and let them boil for 3 minutes. Drain asparagus and rinse with cold water, drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, pepper, dill and cayenne. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in yogurt until moistened. Stir in cheese and asparagus.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead 10 times. Transfer to a baking sheet covered with cooking spray. Pat into a 9-in circle, cut into 8 wedges (not all the way).
- Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.