Recipe by ChipotleChick
Another yummy lowfat recipe from "In The Kitchen With Rosie," the cookbook by Oprah's personal chef. I have never used the fennel leaves, so if you try it, tell me how it tastes!
Top Review by Ohio librarian
I was looking for a different way to serve asparagus, and this hit the spot. It has a subtle flavor that gives the vegetables interest without being too fussy. It is easy to make, can be made in advance, and doesn't require unusual ingredients. I toasted the sesame seeds in a toaster oven and watched them very closely.
- 28 asparagus spears, trimmed (2 bundles)
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon crumbles blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove peeled and minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fennel, leaves (feathery ends) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in the bottom of a steamer.
- Fit the basket in the steamer.
- Steam the asparagus over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, until bright green and tender.
- Remove from heat and let asparagus cool in the steamer.
- Combine yogurt and blue cheese in a small saucepan.
- Warm over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, whisking constantly, just until the blue cheese has melted.
- Remove pan from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice, chives, and garlic.
- Arrange the asparagus in the center of a serving plate and ring with the tomato wedges.
- Drizzle the yogurt dressing over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with fennel leaves.