Crab Asparagus Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 large delta asparagus (peel-blanched)
- 4 ounces lump blue crabs (pasteurized)
- 3 ounces morels (cleaned-sliced)
- 3 ounces English peas, shucked (blanched)
- 1 tablespoon shallot (peel-brunoise)
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 6 pieces cherry tomatoes (confit)
- 2 tablespoons butter (cold)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- lemon juice
- oil, to coat
- In a medium heat pan sweat the shallots until translucent. Add the slice morels and then turn heat to high.
- Allow shallots and morels to cook then deglaze with sherry wine. (careful of flames) let sherry reduce by half; then emulsify the butter and cream then reduce by half again. Add the crab, peas, and confit tomato. Adjust salt and lemon seasoning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!