Marinated Asparagus Salad
photo by Tisme
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 7mins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- lettuce leaf, for serving
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (optional)
- Bring about 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add asparagus, cover and cook until tender, about 6 minutes (Alternatively, you can use 1 1/2 cans (15 ounces each) whole green asparagus spears and skip this step.).
- Drain the asparagus and layer it in a shallow glass dish.
- Sprinkle each layer with crumbled tarragon leaves, pepper and garlic salt.
- Pour salad dressing and vinegar over asparagus, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled asparagus on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Top with a dollop of mayonnaise (which you can flavor with some of the dressing), if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I also love asparagus and found this a wonderful and easy recipe to prepare. I did have trouble finding Italian salad dressing mix, but subsituted it for pre made with just a little dash of garlic white wine vinegar. Great flavours and so very tasty. Will be making this again Lainey. Thank You for a great recipe.
Like the chef who posted this recipe, asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables and one more reason I look forward to spring. This dish really enhances and complements the asparagus so well and will certainly become a repeat here. In preparing this dish misread the directions and error used a prepared lowfat Italian salad dressing. The addition of the vinegar and tarragon elevated the bottled dressing taking away the sweetness often found there. Tarragon is one of those herbs that in the right amount zings but in excess clunks, here it is just perfect. Thanks Lainey.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!