1/3 Photos of Asparagus Salad
Another yummy lowfat recipe from "In The Kitchen With Rosie," the cookbook by Oprah's personal chef. I have never used the fennel leaves, so if you try it, tell me how it tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28 asparagus spears, trimmed (2 bundles)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon crumbles blue cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove peeled and minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel, leaves (feathery ends) (optional)
- 1Bring water to a boil in the bottom of a steamer.
- 2Fit the basket in the steamer.
- 3Steam the asparagus over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, until bright green and tender.
- 4Remove from heat and let asparagus cool in the steamer.
- 5Combine yogurt and blue cheese in a small saucepan.
- 6Warm over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, whisking constantly, just until the blue cheese has melted.
- 7Remove pan from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice, chives, and garlic.
- 8Arrange the asparagus in the center of a serving plate and ring with the tomato wedges.
- 9Drizzle the yogurt dressing over the asparagus.
- 10Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with fennel leaves.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 71.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g