- 2 bunches fresh green asparagus or 500 g green beans
- 375 ml cold chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- If using beans, top, tail and cut diagonally into even lengths.
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard.
- Cut into long diagonal slices.
- Blanch asparagus/beans in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- Drain, place in a bowl and cover immediately with stock.
- Leave to cool in the stock.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over a moderate heat, stirring until all are evenly golden brown.
- Cool on a plate then crush in a blender or mortar and pestle.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Drain vegetables well and, just before serving, pour over dressing.