Recipe by Rita~
A great way to make a different meal of left overs. Be it breakfast, brunch or supper. Serve with a glass of wine crisp fresh bread and a salad for a beautiful meal.
Top Review by under12parsecs
If you like quiche at all, you MUST try this recipe! This has a superb combination of fresh, lovely flavors! It goes together so quickly if you precook your veggies. I roasted the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper the night before (sorry, Rita, I didn't read that I needed whole spears, so I cut them first so mine is not so lovely as yours...ah, well), as well as caramelizing the onion with a bit of balsamic and sauteeing the onion. I added a bit of dijon to the egg mixture and used fresh basil, parsley, chive and thyme for the italian seasoning. I baked in an 8 in springform so it took more like 50 minutes. Phenomenal!
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced and sauteed
- 14 asparagus spears, roasted just the top half save the rest for soup
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place crust in 9 inch pie pan.
- Layer cheese, mushrooms, onions.
- Arrange asparagus in a wheel fashion. As in picture.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together, pour over the veggies making sure it gets into the cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 and bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15 minutes. Serve with a salad and enjoy.