Recipe by Rita~
A great way to make a different meal of left overs. Be it breakfast, brunch or supper. Serve with a glass of wine crisp fresh bread and a salad for a beautiful meal.
Top Review by lois hall
I have made this a couple of times now. Used 1 pound of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 red onion, increased the garlic to approx 1 tbls., increased the eggs to 8, increased the milk to about 1 1/2 cups, asparagus=22 stalks (yes, I counted them) to end up making 2 deep dish quiches. Spices, cheese & bacon were increased accordingly. Salt & pepper were added. I sauteed the onions, garlic, mushrooms, asparagus all together in olive oil & drained before putting in the crust. Topped with the bacon & then asparagus. Thank you Rita for sharing the recipe. I know it is a lot of work to not only develop the recipe but then to put on food.com for the rest of us. The picture in the oven was taken about 20 minutes in.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced and sauteed
- 14 asparagus spears, roasted just the top half save the rest for soup
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place crust in 9 inch pie pan.
- Layer cheese, mushrooms, onions.
- Arrange asparagus in a wheel fashion. As in picture.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together, pour over the veggies making sure it gets into the cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 and bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15 minutes. Serve with a salad and enjoy.