Recipe by Ms B.
From CookingLight.com. I seldom have sliced mozzarella cheese on hand and used shredded when I prepared this.
- 16 asparagus spears
- 44.37 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml pesto sauce
- 2 slice sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 slice ham, thin
- 4 slice tomatoes
- 2 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Steam, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in a bowl, and stir with a whisk.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pesto mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice.
- Layer each slice with 8 asparagus spears, 1 ham slice, 2 tomato slices, and 1 cheese slice.
- Place on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with pepper.