Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From CookingLight.com. I seldom have sliced mozzarella cheese on hand and used shredded when I prepared this.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Steam, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in a bowl, and stir with a whisk.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pesto mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice.
- Layer each slice with 8 asparagus spears, 1 ham slice, 2 tomato slices, and 1 cheese slice.
- Place on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with pepper.